Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weissvista

Do not get activation email

Like many others I do not get the activation email. Tried already 3 adresses and checked spam folders with no success. Network connection is ok, the device was able to get the update. Serial no. is X01600MSWDL5.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Do not get activation email

Hi @Weissvista,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ze

I'm having this same issue. I had to factory default one of my players after a software update went sideways. It claims to be sending the email, though nothing ever comes through. I did contact support, but they weren't able to offer any solutions.

Is there another way to activate a player? The old method of typing in a code from the player into the website always worked reliably.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @ze

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device and then trying linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

-On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
-If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
-Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.
-For more information, check out this Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device 

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
gilliat

Same problem.

Roku Ultra LT

SN: S0DD328URYNF

I have already:

- Reset 3 times

- Tried a different network (hotspot)

- Rebooted cable modem and router

Can anyone explain why this problem still exists, since I see another thread dating from 2020? Why doesn't Roku have an alternate means of activating? I will probably not buy another Roku after this, and I'm seriously considering returning this one due to Roku's frustrating activation nonsense. I have never wasted 2 hours getting other streaming devices to simply work.

0 Kudos
gilliat

Yes, IVE ALREADY CHECKED SPAM FOLDERS a zillion times.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gilliat,

Thanks for the post. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I've responded to the PM that you sent me and I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cameron47,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? 

Please be guided through this link if you are encountering issues activating the Roku device: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos