Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

@Jmedlin1213

Thanks for the reply.

The device ID would do. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sharetta

Jump to solution

My tv can’t send to my email account activation link sent to 

0 Kudos
Sharetta

Jump to solution

It’s not sending  the link

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharetta

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Do you receive an error code or message?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
R2D21

Jump to solution

I reentered it over and over. No luck

0 Kudos
R2D21

Jump to solution

I am getting impatient.  My new TCL TV will not activate because it says it cannot reach me by email.  This is not true. Please rectify the problem or tell me how to do so.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @R2D21

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about your concern? If you haven't received any email for activation as this thread's title suggests, we would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button.
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pwrsurge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ever since the activation process was changed from on screen code to email, numerous people have been having issues activating their Roku device.   The problem is being caused by significant delays for users to receive the activation email (i.e. a few hours), most likely due to the current server setup not being capable to handle the demand.  As the activation emails expire after only 30 minutes, it is often already expired once the user receives it.

A few recommendations to help reduce the load that sending these activation emails are causing on the servers:

1. Only require email verification when linking the first device on an account or when creating an account online and use the previous on-screen code process for all additional devices on that account.  There is absolutely no purpose to force email validation again for additional devices other than to aggravate new users who are setting up multiple Roku devices in a home.

2. Increase the activation link timeout from 30 mins to something like 24 hours so that at least when there are slowdowns, the link will still be usable once received.

0 Kudos
Jimmyfrack
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

[personal information]…. Same problem

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Hey @Jimmyfrack

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos