Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmquimby

Continuous loop of updating when setting up Roku express

Jump to solution

When I connect to WiFi and select English it is in a continuous loop of needing an update. I have reset it 3 times with no luck. It is brand new. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Continuous loop of updating when setting up Roku express

Jump to solution

@Mmquimby 

Try using a power adapter at the wall if you are currently powering your device via your TV's USB power port. (any 5volt, 1amp phone charger adapter will work).

If still a no-go, try connecting the Roku Express to a mobile hotspot (if available to you) and see if that gets you past the update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mmquimby 

Try using a power adapter at the wall if you are currently powering your device via your TV's USB power port. (any 5volt, 1amp phone charger adapter will work).

If still a no-go, try connecting the Roku Express to a mobile hotspot (if available to you) and see if that gets you past the update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Missy3

Jump to solution

This happened to me. AvsGunnar was right. I plugged my Roku box into my tv and it was not enough power. Plugged it into the outlet and it updated and turned on right away. 

thanks AvsGunnar