Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmquimby

Continuous loop of updating when setting up Roku express

Jump to solution

When I connect to WiFi and select English it is in a continuous loop of needing an update. I have reset it 3 times with no luck. It is brand new. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Continuous loop of updating when setting up Roku express

Jump to solution

@Mmquimby 

Try using a power adapter at the wall if you are currently powering your device via your TV's USB power port. (any 5volt, 1amp phone charger adapter will work).

If still a no-go, try connecting the Roku Express to a mobile hotspot (if available to you) and see if that gets you past the update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mmquimby 

Try using a power adapter at the wall if you are currently powering your device via your TV's USB power port. (any 5volt, 1amp phone charger adapter will work).

If still a no-go, try connecting the Roku Express to a mobile hotspot (if available to you) and see if that gets you past the update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Missy3

Jump to solution

This happened to me. AvsGunnar was right. I plugged my Roku box into my tv and it was not enough power. Plugged it into the outlet and it updated and turned on right away. 

thanks AvsGunnar

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.