Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jv2024
Reel Rookie

Connect Roku Soundbar to vizio d58u-d3

Hello, my TVs manual says it's set up for ARC, however I don't exactly know if there is a specific port for it. There are HDMI ports. I haven't purchased a Roku soundbar yet because I want to make sure I can do it first. Will you tell me if I can and how to do it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Connect Roku Soundbar to vizio d58u-d3

Examine the ports on the back of your TV with a flashlight, the ARC one should be clearly labeled, it's HDMI 1 on my TV but it may be different on yours.

If you don't have an HDMI ARC connection I believe you can still use the Roku soundbar by connecting it with the included optical wire to your TV's optical output.

This way you'll get the soundbar audio on all inputs on the TV when you switch away from the Roku HDMI input you have it connected with.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

When a TV (or AVR) has an ARC-enabled port, it will be labeled so on the port itself. Usually the manual will also specify which port it is, but I realize that Vizio doesn't provide the greatest documentation. 

However, I have to ask a question. You said Roku Soundbar. Did you mean one of the Streambar players that have a Roku player built into it? Because Roku does sell a soundbar, but it will only connect to Roku TVs, which is not what you have since it's a Vizio and they don't make any TVs with the Roku OS. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jv2024
Reel Rookie

Oh yes, a stream bar lol thanks. 

0 Kudos
jv2024
Reel Rookie

Hi Emissary, thanks. I do have a port labeled HDMI 1. Is that it then? If so, I'm guessing I can just purchase the device and connect the cable there and be good to go?

0 Kudos
renojim

@jv2024, you're looking for ARC next to one of the HDMI ports.  It may be HDMI 1, or 2 , or 3...

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@jv2024 Check every port that says "HDMI" and look for the one that says "ARC" next to it, it is HDMI 1 on all of my TVs and probably is on yours too, but it could be any one of them depending on your TV brand and model.

Which ever HDMI input says "ARC" that is the one you want to connect your Roku Streambar to with the HDMI cable. If none of the ports says "ARC" then that means your TV doesn't support that feature.

Which means it doesn't matter which HDMI port you connect your Roku streambar to. But you would also have to connect the included optical wire that comes with the streambar to the optical port on the back of the TV.

I found a youtube video for you showing the setup of the Roku streambar, I hope this is helpful to you.

How to Setup/Connect Roku Streambar for Beginners 

0 Kudos
atc98092

I downloaded the manual for the Vizio d58u-d3 and it shows the ARC port as HDMI 1.

However, HDMI 5 is the only port that supports 4k/60. The other HDMI ports are all 4K/30 only. Might not be important for you, but just be aware. Also, HDCP2.2 is only supported on HDMI 1, 2 and 5. Seems silly the  ARC port isn't the highest quality HDMI port.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Wow that sounds like a very poor design to not make the HDMI ARC port the highest quality. To make that 30hz only while others are 60hz is absolutely ridiculous!

0 Kudos
jv2024
Reel Rookie

Thanks everyone. My Vizio TV does have ARC feature because the manual says so. I just need to go back there with a flashlight. It's mounted so it's a bit hard to get in there, but I'll do it soon to see if I see ARC anywhere. Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.