Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MandanAF

Accidentally set it up for store use, now it wont show anything on the screen

Jump to solution

I work in a gym, and we got a roku, to play a streaming service on. I accidentally chose "store use" instead of "home use". Since then the TV turns on but nothing comes on the TV. I have tried every  button, and even completely unplugged the TV, waited and plugged it back on. Is there anyway to get the screen back on so I can reset it to home use?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Accidentally set it up for store use, now it wont show anything on the screen

Jump to solution

@MandanAF-

You don't say explicitly...  this is a Roku TV, with Roku services built in, right?   Not a separate Roku device connected to a non-Roku TV?  I'm assuming this is a Roku TV.

Roku TVs from some manufacturers have a menu option to switch in and out of Store mode, but many do not.  But even if yours does have such a setting, if you can't see it on the screen that's not of much help.

You may need to do a factory reset on the TV and set it up from scratch all over again, this time setting it to non-Store/Demo mode, or whatever it is called on that set.

On a Roku TV there should be a reset button somewhere, often around or behind the power light.  Press and hold this for at least 10 seconds to initiate a Factory Reset.  [For separate Roku devices, Factory Reset requires a 30 second push, but I've read Roku TVs only need 10.]

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Accidentally set it up for store use, now it wont show anything on the screen

Jump to solution

@MandanAF-

You don't say explicitly...  this is a Roku TV, with Roku services built in, right?   Not a separate Roku device connected to a non-Roku TV?  I'm assuming this is a Roku TV.

Roku TVs from some manufacturers have a menu option to switch in and out of Store mode, but many do not.  But even if yours does have such a setting, if you can't see it on the screen that's not of much help.

You may need to do a factory reset on the TV and set it up from scratch all over again, this time setting it to non-Store/Demo mode, or whatever it is called on that set.

On a Roku TV there should be a reset button somewhere, often around or behind the power light.  Press and hold this for at least 10 seconds to initiate a Factory Reset.  [For separate Roku devices, Factory Reset requires a 30 second push, but I've read Roku TVs only need 10.]

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.