Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigRob1980

Channels not installing with software update to new device

An error prevented some channels from installin‹

To try again, go to the home screen and from

'Settings' select 'Software update'.

keep getting this message as I try to install new device. No apps are beeing added

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channels not installing with software update to new device

Hi @BigRob1980,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for your effort in reporting about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device and we’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that we are aware of service interruption impacting Roku devices unable to activate, update, and add new channels. If you are trying to activate a Roku device, update the Roku device, or add a new channel, we would recommend to please try again later. preventing streaming content.

Our team is working quickly to resolve this service interruption. Thanks for your patience!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku reports this service interruption has been resolved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BigRob1980,

We appreciate your patience with this issue.

We believe this issue has now been resolved. We suggest you see if you are still experiencing an issue with adding channels to your Roku devices to see if your Roku services are still impacted.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rawlsio

I am unable to update; the channel store is not populated; ads are not loading on the main screen.  None of my online channels will load (some say they can't "authenticate" my device, others show an unspecified error, still others list error codes).  My internet connection is up and running and my wifi is fine -- all laptops and phones can access the network and upload / download.  ONLY the Roku devices are having a problem, but the connection to the Rokus is reported as "connected" with signal strength "excellent".  Can you tell me what is going on?  Is this a problem with the Roku network that is interfering with all my streaming services?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rawlsio,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with your Roku device/s and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

In order to resolve this issue, we'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does connecting to a wireless Hotspot fix?
  • Did you make any changes to your connection recently?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • We would like to ask you to attempt to try the troubleshooting steps provided on our Roku support page: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details so we assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Will not accept my user id & password to purchase channels. I think something is stuck in the system. Stating user id or password is incorrect & it’s not.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Northstar52, some users have had to change their passwords because of the recent attack on Roku accounts.  Try the "forgot password" option at https://my.roku.com.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos