Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMO67

Change cable company from dish to spectrum

During the initial set up I selected Dish network and it should have been Spectrum.  How do I go back and change that?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Change cable company from dish to spectrum

@JMO67 

It's obviously been a while since I went through the setup process, as I don't recall it asking for a TV provider.

I suspect the only thing it does is suggest apps to download, but I'll defer to others insofar as what other impact answering that question may entail.

What issues are you having? Do the apps themselves list the wrong provider? If so, simply sign out of that provider and enter the information about the right one.

If you are stuck in the setup because of the selection, simply do a factory reset of the device. Find the reset button/pinhole (depending on your Roku device; you didn't say which model number you have) and press for no less than 30 seconds. Then do setup from the beginning.

And I may be wrong about this, but I think it's only for setting up initial apps, and doesn't really matter in the long run. I never provided any provider (I don't have one), and wasn't even asked, and my Roku device work just fine.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.