Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SibeDad
Binge Watcher

Casting audio from Windows 10 to Streaming Stick+ not working.

Hello,

I have two Roku devices, a Streaming Stick+ and a Streaming Stick 4K.  I am able to connect my Windows 10 laptop to my SS 4K and the audio is connected to my TV, however that is not the case with the SS+.  I am almost certain the audio used to connect on the SS+ to TV and stopped sometime in the past few months.  I don't often connect from my laptop to Roku, so can't say exactly when this stopped.

When I look in my Windows settings the SS 4K is listed under my audio devices, however the SS+ is not.

image.png

I have removed the SS+ device from Windows and reconnected, with the same results.  What is confusing me is that if I connect to Windows to the SS+ and play a YouTube video, I get no audio.  However, if I cast a YouTube video from the video player to the SS+, I get audio?

I have tried the SS+ on another TV with the same result and the SS 4K on the TV that the SS+ was connected to and it worked as expected, with audio.

Any suggestions as to what I may be missing or doing incorrectly would be appreciated, thank you.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Casting audio from Windows 10 to Streaming Stick+ not working.

Thanks for sharing here in the Roku Community, @SibeDad.

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention; we'd like to take a closer look.

We will forward this to the appropriate Roku Team for further review and investigation. To pass this on to them, we need some essential information to help them locate the root cause of the problem. Kindly provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

In the meantime, try performing a System Restart on your Roku by going to Settings > System > Power (if you don't see the Power Submenu, skip to System Restart). Also, try performing a manual Software Update on the Roku device you're having a problem with by navigating to Settings > System > Software Update. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope we'll sort it out soon.

Please keep us posted so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.