Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justahuman

Can a Roku Ultra be used with a Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Do the remotes for a TCL 32s3750 Roku TV and a Roku Ultra 4802 use different codes?  My Roku TV no longer reliably maintains a wi-fi connection to the router on the self above it and does not have an ethernet port.  I want to know if I could use a Roku Ultra to provide a wired connection.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can a Roku Ultra be used with a Roku TV?

Jump to solution

No problem. The Ultra uses a WiFi Direct remote which is paired specifically to the Ultra. The TV probably came with an IR remote, and even though you can use an IR remote with the Ultra the TV uses different IR codes than the Ultra.

I used an older Ultra 4640 with a Sharp Roku TV. My only problem was grabbing the wrong remote and trying to control one device with the other remote. 🙂

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can a Roku Ultra be used with a Roku TV?

Jump to solution

No problem. The Ultra uses a WiFi Direct remote which is paired specifically to the Ultra. The TV probably came with an IR remote, and even though you can use an IR remote with the Ultra the TV uses different IR codes than the Ultra.

I used an older Ultra 4640 with a Sharp Roku TV. My only problem was grabbing the wrong remote and trying to control one device with the other remote. 🙂

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.