Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdlaub
Streaming Star

Airplay Code is Not Accepted on iPhone

I just received a brand new streaming stick 4K.  My airplay in settings is set to require code the first time only.  When I try to connect my iPhone, it asks for the code on the screen.  But when I enter it, it does not accept it and keeps asking me for the code.  I have powered down the Roku stick and tried again, but the issue is still there.  Any help would be appreciated.

59 REPLIES 59
ivanahtannica
Binge Watcher

Re: Screen mirroring and add accessory in Home not working for Streaming Stick 4k.

I have the exact same issue with the new Streaming Stick 4K device I purchased. I don't have and never had this issue with my older Roku Streaming Stick 3800x. Any advice?

0 Kudos
ivanahtannica
Binge Watcher

Re: Screen mirroring and add accessory in Home not working for Streaming Stick 4k.

@RokuDanny-R Hi, I have the same issue as I mentioned previously. Just wanted to ask, how is current location relevant?

0 Kudos
JFB505

Re: When attempting to cast video via Airplay it won’t take my password.

Having the same issue. Problem is on a Samsung TV. I’m on the same network already. Using a Roku 4K streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
aw900

I just purchased the streaming 4K mainly for Airplay option. I have the same issue. I can enter code over and over and it does not work. Both device and phone on same network.  I have tried all support help. 
I will have to return unless I can get help to work. 

0 Kudos
Blacktag98
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Code is Not Accepted on iPhone

I just purchased my streaming stick 4k and am having the same issue. Apple forum says to add to homekit. Same issue. My phone is scanning the code from the onscreen message and says the code is incorrect 

0 Kudos
rishkh
Channel Surfer

Roku - TV Airplay, HomeKit, Roku TV Mobile App NOT WORKING NEW TV

I bought the hisense 58" R6 Series R63G roku tv 3 days ago. 58R63G

Software version 11.5.0 build 4236-CH

Issue ID TR 472 280

airplay does not work

home kit does not work

roku tv mobile remote app on ios can't find device(tv)

tv works fine, i can see airplay and homekit setup screen on tv, i can see airplay is enabled “on” but i don’t see it on my phone, my roku phone app can’t find the tv.

other samsung lg tvs in the house are on the same network and airplay works fine

troubleshooting steps done:

same network connected (2.4GHZ) (tried with 5GHZ also on both, didn't work)

cec 1 touch play enabled

network reset done

factory reset done

device connect enabled

control by mobile apps - network access = default (tried with permissive too, no luck)

fast tv start enabled
airplay enabled under airplay and homekit settings on tv

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku - TV Airplay, HomeKit, Roku TV Mobile App NOT WORKING NEW TV

You might check to see if your router has a feature enabled with a name like: wireless isolation, AP isolation or client isolation.  This security feature lets each device get onto the internet but prevents them from accessing each other.

0 Kudos
ivanahtannica
Binge Watcher

@Strega I have this issue with a brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4K (3820x). However, my older Roku is working just fine. So I don't think it's an issue with the router (at least not for me). @rishkh It's not clear in your description how it doesn't work. For me, the devices can see each other, however, when I try to type the code to "pair" them, my device won't accept the code. It keeps saying I entered the wrong code even when I didn't.

rishkh
Channel Surfer

Other tvs are able to airplay on same network

0 Kudos