Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OhioFarmGirl
Reel Rookie

Adding HDTV Antenna to my TV. I have no Wi-Fi.

I live in a rural area. I have no WiFi. Can I purchase an antenna to get local channels on my ROKU TV? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding HDTV Antenna to my TV. I have no Wi-Fi.

Yes, you can connect an external antenna to any TV set with a tuner (there's very few that don't have tuners, and officially they are called displays, not TVs). If there's an F connector (it has threads and a tiny hole in the center) on the back of the set then you have an antenna connection.

To determine if you can actually receive any OTA (over the air) channels, use the web site antennaweb.org. Enter your home address and it will tell you if any stations are within range of your home and what sort of antenna you might need to receive it. It will also list the distance and show the direction of each broadcasting antenna site. W

ith digital TV (ATSC) that is used in North America, you have to be able to receive a reasonably strong signal for a reliable reception. Most broadcast stations can be received within a 40-50 mile range at most unless you have a mega-antenna. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
OhioFarmGirl
Reel Rookie

Thank you SO much for responding. I greatly appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
OhioFarmGirl
Reel Rookie

Spoiler
Thanks Dan! 😃
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.