Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: iOS App issues with keyboard

Hello Community user

Thanks for reaching out here in Community.

Please be aware that this matter is still being investigated. We'll make sure to update this Community thread as soon as more information becomes available. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

Viki also triggered this for me! I fixed it (so far) by going back into the search bar on the Viki app, erasing what I had written in the iOS app, and then backing out.

It helped that I also had a regular remote, this process made the mobile app stop working for a bit while I had Viki open.

0 Kudos
TigerGal

Yes my mobile app is doing the same… Searched for a movie 3 weeks ago and now every time I go to use mobile app it goes back to keyboard screen. I will erase words searched for and hit x to return to main remote then - it goes right back to keyboard screen. I have to keep fiddling with it until it shows the remote and quickly hit the buttons I need. Sometimes it works but as of this past software update -about a month now…the mobile app just ceases to function. Have removed app and re-added it, restarted phone, cut tv off and even logged out of Roku app- All to no avail. Come on Roku -do better…I’m seeing complaints from 5 months ago still posted with no work around or patch done by Roku. My plans to buy a Roku TV are slowly being Dwindling. I mean if you can’t fix your app-I’d be reluctant to buy a whole tv, ya know?

0 Kudos
TigerGal

That’s exactly what my mobile app is doing and the screens I get with the partial search I entered using the keyboard. This is getting old….

0 Kudos
Elmyra25

I’m going to guess this was never fixed? Here it is November, and I’m having this problem also…I’ve done all the restarts, log outs, deleted and reinstalled the app. Search bar still pops up and the remote buttons won’t work. 

0 Kudos
Deborahkwok
Channel Surfer

This was never fixed and I have yet to hear back from the Roku’s poor customer outreach. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Elmyra25 @Deborahkwok 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community regarding the issue you've encountered with the Roku mobile app.

We'll collect more information, so further actions can be taken to address this issue. Kindly provide the following information.

• Specific and informative details about the issue experienced, and how it can be reproduced.
  • Mobile Device information such as Brand, Model, and OS version.
  • Roku mobile app version.
  • An image or a video referring to the issue. 

The details you provide us would be helpful in addressing this. We hope for your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deborahkwok
Channel Surfer

All of these details you’re asking for have already been posted. Check the earlier messages in the thread. Please go find a solution instead of stalling us and asking for the same pieces of information over and over again. Nothing has changed. The same issue is still occurring. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Deborahkwok

We probably would need an updated information for us to forward this information to the designated team who'll address this issue.

We'd really appreciate you for your efforts and time.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Heyd0_

Any updates? I’m having the same issue after using the app in Viki.

0 Kudos