Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku iOS app causing an excessive battery drain

Hi @Roy8

Thanks for your first post. 

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the Roku mobile app. We'd like to look into this further. Could you also provide us with the Roku mobile app version and build? 

Once we have the information, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Willdo
Reel Rookie

Yes, it’s always when I’m using private listening. I stream a lot in the early Am. to my hearing aids. This all started about 2 to 3 weeks ago.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Willdo 

Thanks for following up. 

We'd like to look into this further. Could you provide us with the requested information posted by @RokuDanny-R above? This way we can identify what caused the issue on your Roku mobile app. 

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
chadboettcher
Reel Rookie

I am using private listening while watching TV in my office. It causes significant battery drain so I have to plug it in while watching and it's heating up the battery quite a bit.

I am using Roku App Version 9.1.0.31 on iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16.4.1.

Chad

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @chadboettcher

Thanks for reaching out here in Community.

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. Can you please provide us with the following information:

-mobile device brand, model, and current OS
-Roku mobile app version and build
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-what are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
chadboettcher
Reel Rookie

I am using Roku App Version 9.1.0.31 on iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16.4.1.

i connected to my Roku streaming stick via the iOS app, used the in-app remote to navigate to Netflix, enabled private listening so I can listen on my headphones and streamed the Seinfeld series. I did this late last week and noticed that the battery on my iPhone had drained pretty quickly.  This has happened every time I’ve used it since.  Today I noticed the while plugged in, the battery gets warm and just keeps up with the battery drain but the charger can’t get ahead of it and will stay about the same percentage that it started at.  

Chad

gusmac

This is also happening on my iphone 13 mini.  It started about two weeks ago.  It just happening in private listening.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @gusmac

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.  Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

- mobile device brand, model, and current OS
- Roku mobile app version and build
- when did you start seeing this issue occur
- what are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @chadboettcher

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. Rest assured once more information is available we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
chadboettcher
Reel Rookie

Things seem to be much better after upgrading to 9.2.0.5573980.47.

Thanks,

Chad

0 Kudos