Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigDamBrowncoat
Reel Rookie

Roku app remote function/ device connectivity

Might anyone know why it would be that when I pull up my Roku app (usually when I can't find the remote), no matter which network I am attached to, my streambar is right there at the top ready to be connected, yet my streaming sticks throughout the rest of the house say that they are not available because they are not on my network? 

Mind you if I go and manually turn on the TV, they will show up and let me attach to them, but the moment that I go upstairs and my phone switches networks to a different one, the streaming sticks are immediately gone, yet the streambar stays either attached or ready to be, even if I change networks 4 times. 

I mean, I don't really want to replace every streaming stick I've got with a streambar, but it's pretty annoying when you can't find the remote, and you know that your streaming sticks are on the same network as your phone, but you can't use the app as a remote 90% of the time. But the streambar's connectivity is OFF THE CHARTS!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.