Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dishy

Is there a search option to show the tiny number of shows available to stream on Android device?

Jump to solution

Hello, is there a search option to show the few titles available to stream on Android Mobile device? I've opened 40+ programs and only one had the link to watch on Mobile device. If not I'll just delete the app since I don't need another remote for my players at home. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there a search option to show the tiny number of shows available to stream on Android device?

Jump to solution

I am not following your question. A Roku device has nothing to do with an Android or iOS device. There is a Roku app available for Android devices, but the only content that can be streamed on that app is The Roku Channel. The Roku app is primarily for use as a remote for Roku devices. But there is plenty of content from The Roku Channel that can be watched on your Android device. 

Roku devices (players and TVs) are not designed to stream media from the Roku device to a mobile device. They are only to play something on a display, usually a TV set. You can screen mirror your Android device to the Roku, but not the other way around. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edroksense
Roku Guru

Re: Is there a search option to show the tiny number of shows available to stream on Android device?

Jump to solution

On your mobile device search - you type:   Free March movies on Freevee

This gives you the lists of movies.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I am not following your question. A Roku device has nothing to do with an Android or iOS device. There is a Roku app available for Android devices, but the only content that can be streamed on that app is The Roku Channel. The Roku app is primarily for use as a remote for Roku devices. But there is plenty of content from The Roku Channel that can be watched on your Android device. 

Roku devices (players and TVs) are not designed to stream media from the Roku device to a mobile device. They are only to play something on a display, usually a TV set. You can screen mirror your Android device to the Roku, but not the other way around. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.