Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old_Fart_61
Reel Rookie

Roku app on my Windows 10 pc to work like the device on my TV

Is there a app for my Windows 10 pc that works like the device on my TV? Or is there a way I can watch my Library of recorded shows on my PC like I can do on my phone? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku app on my Windows 10 pc to work like the device on my TV

I think there was once a Roku app for Windows, but it was dropped. Not sure what you mean by library of recorded shows, since Roku has nothing to do with that. That would be with whatever service those recordings belong to.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

As @andyross mentioned, Roku discontinued the Roku app for Windows. The only control app is available for Android and Apple iOS devices. With those apps, you can control any Roku device (TV or player) that the app can see on your network. It will not work on a public network, including a hotel or college location, as those have security settings that block a device from seeing another device on the network.

The Roku app does allow The Roku Channel on the device, but it is not a substitute for an actual Roku device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Roku devices have no provisions for recording anything.  Any recording is done on the servers for the particular channel service you are watching. 

You may be able to view your recordings on your PC by logging into your account on that service's web page using a web browser on your PC.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
doug1948

I watched Roku on my Windows 10 PC for years. I don't have a TV, all I have is a PC. I'm living in a small retirement condo and there is no room for a TV. I subscribed to ROKU Channels for years until the company decided they didn't give a **bleep** about seniors anymore. I don't even have a smartphone, as I have arthritis in my hands and can't use them or for that matter, they are too small for me to view with my eyesight. ROKU is just another big Tech company that discriminates against seniors. They should be put out of business.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@doug1948 I don't understand your issue. There has never been an app for a Windows computer that mimicked a Roku player. The app that they used to have for Windows PC was merely a remote control, just like the app that remains available for iOS and Android devices. Yes, The Roku Channel can be viewed directly on those apps. But you can still watch The Roku Channel on a computer. Roku has a web page that allows access on any computer regardless of operating system. 

You mention subscribing to Roku channels. First, there is no subscription for The Roku Channel (TRC). It's available to anyone via that web page with or without a Roku account, and there's no charge for its content. Yes, you can subscribe to other services through Roku and those could be available through TRC. 

Could you explain what you used to watch on your computer and why you can't now? We can't help if we don't understand the problem. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos