Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Re: Private Listening keeps disconnecting

Jump to solution

@kelito wrote:

I can connect it's just one of the many issues with this Roku remote app.

My workaround to get private listening is a bluetooth adapter that plugs into my TV's USB port. 

Do you mean an adapter that is powered by USB but also has input from the TV or audio out port?

Or have you actually gotten a computer-type USB bluetooth adapter to work on a TV?  If so, which one?

0 Kudos
Neverku
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah - and any application (these days) that you have to fine tune your WiFi for it to work is **bleep**. That’s all I’m trying to get at. That’s it, that’s the tweet. 

Scoreboard

Jump to solution

Running remote play on S21 Ultra w/Galaxy buds plus. So ANNOYING!!!!!!!!! TO HAVE THIS ISSUE. ROKU PLEASE FIX THIS. 

0 Kudos
Yeoh

Jump to solution

This sounds like the most efficient solution for me. Thanks for the suggestion. 

@kelito wrote:

My workaround to get private listening is a bluetooth adapter that plugs into my TV's USB port.  The stupid ROKU remote is truly a POS and I'll post that.  It truly is one of the worst apps I've ever used.  I can change channels.  I cannot even watch the channels I've added to the TV, without the TV.

what a waste of a forum with no real expertise or empathy from the creators.

yes I need a tin foil hat to make this work.

0 Kudos
joshl129

Jump to solution

I'm not sure why but I was able to fix this by toggling a setting on the app NetGuard. Launch the app, locate the Roku app in the list, click "configure" under "Access attempts", and then check off "Enable logging of blocked addresses only". This may not work for everyone, but I hope it helps some people!

0 Kudos
Mrvoice74

Jump to solution

I am having the exact opposite problem. This feature can interfere with my Voice Access app and I have already disabled the Private Listening feature in both my phone's settings which is a Moto x4 and within the Roku app itself and it will still activate when I don't want it.

0 Kudos
Et121212
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please see the solution on the other thread. It worked for me. I am sure there could be other porblems, but this should fix the problem for most of the phones. 

Roku Mobile App doesn't stay connected 

0 Kudos
davleestev
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I gave up on Roku. I bought the 4K this Summer. No more than two weeks later it continuously popped up "Your device is overheating disconnect". I was sent an extender that was incompatible. It has to have a flat not curved entrance and no where is that available. I finally gave up and put it in a drawer. Now I'm using my 4K apple box. I prefer Roku but I'm done with them after this headache. 

0 Kudos
Willitwrk

Jump to solution

That is not a realistic answer. Identifying there are a world of questions you can ask many people and organizations with regards to how they interface with the ROKU devices gets the customer no where. 

A subset of those many potential answers to the problem doesn't help the customer with anything. 

I have a ISO devise that gets the cutoff frequently for private listening. I have Comcast home internet. I see the disconnecting happening some days more frequently than others. I DO NOT expect Roku to dump the issue on Concast. 

Making your device well-made enough to weather the storm of wifi provided major internet access providors is Roku's responsibility. Dumping the responsibility on the end user is completely sidestepping the issue. 

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Willitwrk wrote:

Making your device well-made enough to weather the storm of wifi provided major internet access providors is Roku's responsibility. Dumping the responsibility on the end user is completely sidestepping the issue. 

If your wifi doesn't work, how do you expect devices that use it to work?   Private listening just requires better service than many other things because you are usually delivering the content to the roku while it is sending the audio to your phone.

0 Kudos