Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from Headphones/Earphones during Headphone mode

I've had tried multiple headphones and earphones. It will connect to my phone and when I click the headphones icon on the app, there's no sound. I have done everything and nothing works

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No headphones/earphones connect to phoneapp

Hi @MaryGhost92,

I noticed in your post that your headphones do not sound when you connect them to your Roku Mobile app during headphone mode. I'll be glad to assist you with this concern.

Let's see if this will work for you. Try uninstalling and installing the Roku Mobile app on your phone again. If that won't help resolve the issue, review the suggestions for the audio issues described below to help troubleshoot.

• Confirm that the volume is not muted or too low to hear.
  • When using wired headphones, check that they are firmly plugged in.
  • When using Bluetooth headphones for mobile Headphone Mode, confirm that they are paired and connected to your phone.

If audio problems continue, check your network. Because audio for Headphones uses the same wireless network as other devices in your home, it is possible that traffic to/from other devices on the network is impacting the quality of the audio. While using Headphones, make sure no other devices on the wireless network are downloading or streaming music or video.

If you are still having audio problems, try the following:

1. Unplug the power from your Roku device.
  2. Restart your router by unplugging the power cable from the router, waiting 10 seconds, and reconnecting.
  3. Reconnect the power cable to your Roku device.

For additional details, you can visit our support article: How to resolve an issue with Headphone Mode

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you recover your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.