Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Media option missing from Roku app

Jump to solution

Hi @kolds839,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration, and we'll be glad to assist. Please check out this support article on adding apps to your Roku streaming device. There are three ways for you to look for the app that you are looking for.

Please make sure to follow the steps and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BretCee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
It's a real shame that on the 6th page of a very clearly stated and repeated thread, a "community moderator" like Eunice would add such an obtuse response that clearly ignores the problem and attempts to direct the user to dead-end solutions, just to be saying something. No one here is trying to add an app -- @kolds839 and the rest of us just want Roku to have the features we paid for, like streaming media via the Roku app to the Roku device.
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BretCee,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. This feature was already removed after our confirmation. We appreciate you providing your suggestions, and we value your feedback. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services.

If there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Loam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please add the simple media feature back in.

phialek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Quite shocking to see a response like this. You basically took away a key feature and suggest to use cumbersome apps on Roku and on the phone. Further, screen mirroring is not the same as casting. When I want to listen to a song I have worked on in full quality it needs to get rendered on the Roku and not on my phone and then sent over to Roku in a highly lossy compressed format. Videos and photos will have less quality as well.

You don't even come up with a reason for cutting the feature. This is disappointing.

BretCee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, please tell Roku we would all like to be compensated for the loss of an *advertised* feature that we paid for. How can you remove advertised functionality and then expect customers to be satisfied with your crippled device or with their purchase? Roku doesn't even bother to offer an explanation of why they would advertise a feature and then completely remove it. This is a bait-and-switch, and I for one am very dissatisfied. I feel cheated by Roku. I miss that function every day and I'm still seeking a solution that actually works. Nothing streams as smoothly without it. It's as if you sold me a new oven, then removed my ability to broil. Please compensate your customers for removing the feature you advertised to persuade us to buy a Roku. 

phialek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Haha, yes I bought my Roku a couple of days ago and a major reason why I bought it, was because of this feature which they are still advertising as a feature. Unbelievable.

Benmobill

Jump to solution

It would be nice if you gave an explanation for this. I was going bonkers thinking I had been hacked or had a virus trying to find that **bleep** icon....... until I found this article. One day the icon is there, the next it's not..... Tried to mirror image, but not the same result. Don't get the full screen image. I really don't get it. Maybe warn before next time and give an explanation. Think that you'll make this feature available again? Would be nice. Thanks.

0 Kudos