Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BretCee
Channel Surfer

Re: Media option missing from Roku app

Jump to solution

I have several Roku devices, of various types from Roku TVs to Roku streaming sticks to Roku version two box. I have been able to stream photos and videos to all of them from my ios and android phones via the Roku app by going to the devices page /media/ photos or videos and it was right there. Whether it was ios or android, I use both. These media streaming options have disappeared from the latest auto-updated versions of the Roku app for android and the Roku app for ios, so none of the devices are available to cast photos and video to from the Roku app. The issue does not appear to be specific to any Roku device or any operating system but rather a modification to the Roku app in both android and iPhone versions. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. 

Worry no more, as we will be asking for additional reinforcement from our Engineering team for further review. We will coordinate with them to figure out why the Media option is currently unavailable on some of the smartphones. 

To users who are experiencing the same concern, kindly provide us with the current software version of your Roku streaming device to which your mobile app is connected. You can find it under Settings > System > About. In addition, provide us with the firmware version or the current build version of the Roku mobile app on both your iPhone and Android phones.

We'll be looking forward to your responses as we are more than eager to find you the best course of action. Also, to those who have already provided their information, rest assured that we have forwarded these to our Engineering team. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes its 11/2023  without MEDIA TAB 3 weeks now it just went missing and We all need it back  so just update the software with a fix and bring it back thanks the best part of iPhone sending pictures to a Roku Tv 

iPhone 11Pro Max   17.1.1 

ROKU. 

TCL MODEL 55s433.  12.5.0 build4176-93

0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

IMG_9541.png

0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hope this helps fix our problem! 

0 Kudos
Visdalen

Jump to solution

Same problem. 9.9.0 version of app

12.5.0 build 4178-E6 on streaming stick 4k

any chance we can get the previous version made available on the App Store as an alternate download until this gets sorted out?

BretCee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, my iphone still offers to Airplay to the Roku and that works fine, even tho the Roku App is still missing the Media portion. If you're not familiar, just go into your iPhones photos app, select one, then if you look below for the share icon which is the box with an arrow out, select that and then Airplay from the popup and your Roku may be offered as a cast destination. This is saving my bacon as I wait for a Roku App fix.

0 Kudos
3AM

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. The old version of the Roku app on my Google Pixel 7 Pro on Android 13 used to have the media tab and when I updated to the latest version of the Roku app the media tab is gone. 

I have a TCL 55R615 running Roku software version 12.5.0 build 4176-30.

0 Kudos
3AM

Jump to solution

Also, I am running the latest app, version 9.9.1.2659820 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @community users,
Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Our constant goal is to give our customers the greatest possible streaming experience and comfort when utilizing our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input. We suggest that you can still use AirPlay or screen mirroring by looking at this support article here below:

How to screen mirror your Android or Windows phone to your Roku streaming device.

How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos