Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reina
Reel Rookie

I accidentally deleted my TV from connecting to my roku app

How can I re add my tv when I accidentally delete it from my ruko app 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I accidentally deleted my TV from connecting to my roku app

@Reina, did you choose "Remove device from this account" under "Devices in account" or "Forget this device" under "Devices" or something else?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Reina
Reel Rookie

Remove from device 

0 Kudos
Reina
Reel Rookie

Remove from account 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Reina,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and inquiring about re-adding your Roku device to your Roku Mobile app. Kindly check out this support article on how to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app and follow the steps listed to see if it works.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Reina-

Your messages are a bit confusing since you mentioned the Roku APP in your message title.

Now it sounds like you removed your Roku TV from your Roku account, which would have been done while logged into your Roku account using a web browser. 

The only way I know to add a Roku to your account is by doing a Factory Reset on the unit and setting the Roku TV up all over again as though it were a new set.  During the process you can then link it to your existing Roku account.

Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
renojim

@makaiguy, you can remove a device from your account using the mobile app which I assume has the same result as removing/unlinking it on the website.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@renojim-

Thanks, was not aware of that. I mostly just use it for remote listening.

@Reina-

My apologies, now your post makes perfect sense.

How ever you removed your TV from your account, a Factory Reset should let you add it back.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos