Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJencius
Channel Surfer

Can no longer watch Roku on my phone and tablet

Jump to solution

I had previously posted and sent two separate emails with no response. 

I can no longer watch Roku on my phone and tablet. Why?

The pink background with the Roku logo comes up but that's it. Then I get an error message asking if I want to wait or close the app.I have done both with no results. 

I have deleted the apps, downloaded again, restarted both my phone and my tablets, cleaned out the cache, etc. Still nothing. But, it works fine on my TV. Go figure.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas what might be causing it or what I can do to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can no longer watch Roku on my phone and tablet

Jump to solution

Hi @jwilson3142,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We get that you want to continue watching your show using the Roku Mobile app while traveling. We're glad to provide you with more information about this.

We wish to inform you that a particular feature you might have been familiar with or used in the past is no longer accessible through the Roku mobile application. This change is part of our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and streamline our services across all platforms.

To continue accessing a vast selection of Roku channels during your travels, we highly encourage you to visit our Roku Channels Store. The process is simple and designed with your convenience in mind. All that's required from your end is to log in using your existing Roku account. Upon successful login, you'll gain immediate access to watch content online.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we make these adjustments. Our team is continually working to improve the Roku experience for all users.

Best Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
KJencius
Channel Surfer

Re: Some Shows no longer load on "watch mobile" but others do

Jump to solution

I am having a very similar problem. I cannot watch Roku neither on my phone nor tablet.

I get the pink screen with the Roku logo and it goes nowhere. I then get an error message asking if I want to wait or close out the app. I have done both.

I have deleted the app, downloaded again, no luck. I have deleted my cache, restarted the phone downloaded again, etc. 

Why do you ask about the phone's model and OS version? 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KJencius,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know that you can no longer watch Roku on your phone or tablet. No worries, we are more than happy to assist you with this.

To better understand your concern, please provide the following details.

• What is the content or channel from Roku that you are trying to access using your phone?
  • Could you send us a screenshot of what you see on your phone when you try to watch Roku?
  • When did this issue start to happen?
  • If you are referring to the Roku mobile app, please ensure that you are using the updated Roku Mobile App. For Apple device users: visit the online App Store | For Android device users: visit the online Google Play store

We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KJencius
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Riamie, 

Thank you for your response.

With your link I downloaded the app again and I still get the same error; pink screen with Roku appears when I go to open the app. Nothing happens. Then an error message appears stating "Roku isn't responding. Do you want to close it? And my two options are X close app OR wait with a small clock face.

I have photos to show you, I don't see a way to attach them here.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KJencius,

Thanks for the update and additional information!

We greatly appreciate your efforts in trying the suggestions provided above.

If you want to send us a photo for reference, you can visit this link: How do I insert an image in a post? In addition, could you kindly provide us with the brand and operating system (OS) version of the device on which you are attempting to access the Roku mobile app? Thess information will help us to look closely into this issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am going on a trip and downloaded the Roku app from the Google Play store for my Android phone so I can continue to watch my show at night when I can't sleep but all it's doing is acting like a remote to the TV. How can I get it to play episodes on my phone?

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jwilson3142,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We get that you want to continue watching your show using the Roku Mobile app while traveling. We're glad to provide you with more information about this.

We wish to inform you that a particular feature you might have been familiar with or used in the past is no longer accessible through the Roku mobile application. This change is part of our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and streamline our services across all platforms.

To continue accessing a vast selection of Roku channels during your travels, we highly encourage you to visit our Roku Channels Store. The process is simple and designed with your convenience in mind. All that's required from your end is to log in using your existing Roku account. Upon successful login, you'll gain immediate access to watch content online.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we make these adjustments. Our team is continually working to improve the Roku experience for all users.

Best Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KJencius
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello again Riami,

Still no luck. I deleted the app.

It doesn't matter if I send you a pic of my screen. I described in detail what is happening: "pink screen with Roku appears when I go to open the app. Nothing happens. Then an error message appears stating "Roku isn't responding. Do you want to close it? And my two options are X close app OR wait with a small clock face."

What can I do? I am looking for answers.

Thank you again for your help

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KJencius,

Thanks for the update!

Please provide us with the following details: 

• Brand and OS version of your mobile phone and tablet:
  • Roku Mobile app of your phone:
  • Screen shot of your phone screen on where you can see the error: (How do I insert an image in a post?)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.