Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apb09

Ads on the remote app now?

I got on the app to access the remote and on the continue watching screen I see an ad for Taco Bell. I’ve never seen an ad before and this feels cheap and annoying. 

We are already subjected to enough ads on the streaming side, now we have to look at this bull on the access side of it? 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Ads on the remote app now?

Roku makes most of its money from ad revenue. It's literally all they care about no matter how much it annoys customers. That is why they won't give us programmable buttons on the remote at the bottom, instead they sell them to streaming companies so those buttons only ever open their apps. Also the customer support at Roku is a joke, they are not a very good company at all when it comes to customer satisfaction.

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Ads on the remote app now?

I rarely use mine, but did a check and see no ads. That Continue Watching list is a bit out of date anyways, showing stuff I already watched yesterday.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.