Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Afomf
Channel Surfer

adding used roku to account

Jump to solution

I got a 2700x to use with TV without HDMI (adapters did not work well with other Rokus I have) was working fine but was in someone else's account didn't want to leave it on theirs. Was worried resetting I might not be able to put on mine because no longer supported, but hoped that just meant would not be providing updates any longer looks like I bricked it. Would connect to my network before reset now in loop will not connect.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: adding used roku to account

Jump to solution

Hi @Afomf 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If there is another user's account on the Roku device, you will need to factory reset and re-activate the device under Roku account information. However, as you stated in your post, please be aware that the Roku LT (2700) is a much older device that is no longer supported.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

If you ever need further assistance with your Roku device, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Afomf 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If there is another user's account on the Roku device, you will need to factory reset and re-activate the device under Roku account information. However, as you stated in your post, please be aware that the Roku LT (2700) is a much older device that is no longer supported.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

If you ever need further assistance with your Roku device, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Afomf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So it won't be able to reactivate? I knew I shouldn't have reset.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Afomf 

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. We appreciate your understanding.. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos