Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcinST
Reel Rookie

Soundbridge M2000 M1000 built-in webserver???

Hi Everyone.

I recently rescued my M2000 player and trying to set it up again after over 2 years for internet radio playing. I do not used it for such long time because I mooved house and I didnt have wired internet. Player works fine again, apart not beeing able to acces web server page (win10, IP address is correct, etc) So I am unable to update settings like clock display in standby and correct time. I manage to update some of radio straming url's via old soundbridge android app controller, but is tricky, connection is interrupted all the time and only first 6 presets are saved, Is any chance to acces web server/internal settings on M2000/M1000??? I do not have any problems with my second M10001 wired still in use and open internal settings in a blink, but M2000 FLD is so nice and nostagic. Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Soundbridge M2000 M1000 built-in webserver???

Hi @MarcinST,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be delighted to assist you further. The device you are using can no longer support the most recent features. This means this device will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates. If you haven't already upgraded your device, you should have received an email with offers to purchase a new player at a discounted price. You can also access this offer by signing into your Roku account and visiting the following website here.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cfourrou
Binge Watcher

Make sure you are using http and NOT https
modern browsers are now defaulting to HTTPS which the soundbridge doesn't support.

Have you tried to telnet to the M2000's IP address on port 4444
"telnet 192.168.x.x 4444"
you should get a "SoundBridge>" prompt
there is a few things you can do in there.

if you telnet to port 5555, you will get "roku: ready" prompt
type "help" to see all the fun things you can do there.
You can SetDate and SetTime there manually if you have to.

MarcinST
Reel Rookie

HI

I tried HTTP didn't work. 

When I try to access via Telnet (PuTTY) port 4444/5555 I get commands as you mentioned but only for short time and connection is interrupted and incomplete.

When I connect my M1001 everything is OK, all commands/menus etc.

Both my M1000 and M2000 doing this. When I ping Telnet via PuTTY port 5555 I manage to get GetTime/SetTime. 

If you do this quick and straight after connection SetTime works. And time is set in AM/PM format manually.

Is any chance to change it for 24H format? And set new time server? Because every time when I unplug, unpower M2000, my time is gone and have to set it up manually again via PuTTY/PC

Thank you very very much.

0 Kudos
cfourrou
Binge Watcher

I don't think there is any access to the format of the display of time from either the shell (port 4444) or the RCP (5555)

you really need to figure out why you have two older units restarting like that.
It's suspicious that your two older units do this.
I suspect the older wifi CF card in that model is not 100% compatible with your wifi router. all docs I've read say it's 802.11b only which has gotten pretty old now.

Have you tried plugging them into wired ethernet? on the older models the RJ45 is under a black end cap instead of on the back. at least to get it set up?

0 Kudos
MarcinST
Reel Rookie

I am only connecting them by ethernet. I do not have WiFi card installed in both unit. Newest model I connect by cable too. My router do not support WEP encription. All unit ping correctly as well. I will try find old Computer with XP or Win7 OS to try. Maybe this is problem with Win10 or Android

0 Kudos
cfourrou
Binge Watcher

I misunderstood then.
If you are having ethernet disconnect issues, but the SoundBridge isn't restarting, it may be a compatibility issue with your router/switch ethernet auto negotiation setting.
The M1001 supports 100/10mbps ethernet but the M500 and M2000 only supports 10mbps.
The router/switch you have them connected to may be trying to switch to a higher speed or change duplex modes.

Try a different ethernet switch/router. or try to turn off auto negotiation for the ports the SoundBridges are connected to.

0 Kudos