Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarciaE

Roku support useless

I got the email about replacing legacy prod and thought it might be phishing. I had a “chat” which was totally useless- there was no understanding of the question, and emails never got answered, just said I’d had a chat and they hadn’t heard from me (how about the two emails I sent. Never answered my question.) 

if anyone from Roku monitors this, it seems your customer service is awful. Visitor 43874882Ticket 3022704

23 REPLIES 23
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Roku support useless

A lot of the much older Roku's are not supported anymore Thats recent.

Its not Phishing or Spam. Just time to get an updated Model.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Unhappy
Reel Rookie

Is there any way to get the upgrade for more than one ROKU?  I have 5 old ones.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Let me know if it works out cuz I got an old HD sitting around.

0 Kudos
Unhappy
Reel Rookie

Well  things are even worse than before.  I spent loads of time trying to find out from the website and the community support pages whether I could purchase more than one upgrade.  (I discovered I have actually purchased 6 devices over the years!)  No luck.

So I finally decided to just purchase the one offered--but that one had jumped to $30 instead of $15--and that was about 4 hours before the deadline.  And of course, no chat or phone number to get any kind of help.  I have gone from a customer who recommends ROKU to everyone I know... to someone who is pretty unhappy with the whole ROKU thing in general.

boogernose
Roku Guru

When you weigh the price of a Roku against the money Cable service costs. And all the free stuff that becomes available Im more than OK with Roku.

0 Kudos
Unhappy
Reel Rookie

I've loved ROKU for years.  I bought 1 for myself, 4 for family, and 1 for a friend.  But now I'm hearing that all 6 need to be replaced or we can't get Netflix???  I just think a courtesy upgrade discount on all 6 purchases should be allowed.

ann3
Binge Watcher

my device is dead after six months and i have spent hours trying to get customer support.  it is chepaer to buy a new device every six months than it is to pay for cable, but i am not into filling the landfill with electronic waste.  if i had been informed at the time of purchase that device would fail in six months and i would have no support i would not have purchased it.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@ann3  Thanks for the note here. I've followed up with you via PM. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Gsfuri
Channel Surfer

Tanner. Still awaiting your/ or anyone’s email. 😢