Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parallax1957
Reel Rookie

Roku 2XS (3100X) stopped working. Power light is not ON while the power adapter is plugged in.

Jump to solution

Hello everyone. My Roku 2XS (3100X) stopped working. Power light is not ON while the power adapter is plugged in.
Does this mean it is dead?
Does anyone have a schematic of the unit? I will try to open it and find out if it had any replaceable components.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 2XS (3100X) stopped working. Power light is not ON while the power adapter is plugged in.

Jump to solution

@Parallax1957

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Parallax1957
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 2XS (3100X) stopped working. Power light is not ON while the power adapter is plugged in.

Jump to solution

I have opened the unit, 4 screws at the bottom, behind the rubber cover. No replaceble parts. I have discarded the unit. BAD ROKU.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It was all but obsolete anyway.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Parallax1957

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Parallax1957 

Bad Roku? That player is almost 10 years old. How long would you expect an electronic device to work? Especially a device that has had constantly changing on-line functionality requirement changes? And it doesn't support the newest channels anyway. I still have one in my drawer that works just fine. But that level of working is useless. Face it, it's time for an upgrade. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.