Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDB55
Streaming Star

ROKU3 box stopped working, after house power went out and was restored

I shut off power to my living room, to work on something and when I turned it back on, my Roku 3 no longer works. I've tried hard resets with a paper clip, but the setup won't go past "select your language" and it just stays  frozen. I've had this for 4-5 years.

0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
SDB55
Streaming Star

Re: ROKU3 box stopped working, after house power went out and was restored

Is this device no longer supported? It appears there are no humans to speak with that Roku or even a live chat so I found this is my only option

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Relax for starters. A Roku 3 was released in 2013. So it’s roughly 9 years old. It’s no longer under warranty and no longer manufactured. If your Roku no longer works after a power outage then it may have taken a voltage spike. But there isn’t anything anyone can do for you. Best bet is to get a new Roku., He would only benefit from an upgraded device. It’s always best to have any electronic device plugged into a surge protector.

SDB55
Streaming Star

I thought it was a spike also, Looks like the remote somehow got unpaired. Once I re-paired it, I had to go to the entire set up process again, enter my original email I created the account with and hopefully everything is back to normal. I’m not sure why this happened. I’ve had to shut off the power many times but maybe something was different this time

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@SDB55  Before just shutting power off to any room you should properly power down all devices. Also be sure to use a surge protector 

0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

Thank you so much for the response !

Definitely going to have to at least unplug the power supply for the Roku next time. This never happened before, but good experience to go through,and I had forgotten all about pairing the remote to the Roku 3, which made it that much more frustrating, lol. No wonder I couldn’t go any further. Honestly their help screen could use a little love as far as directions, But I am back in business as they say 😁

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Glad it’s working. But keep in mind your Roku is almost 10 years old. So it would be a good idea to invest in a newer model 

0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

Sometimes, they offer a new model or upgrade, but I haven’t seen one lately. Probably worth getting a new one, for sure. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

The Roku Stick 4K is on sale for $39.99

0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

I think I saw that for sale on Amazon for the same price.
 I tried to find a comparison between that and my Roku 3 I’m sure that 4K stick is much faster right? I’m not even sure if my Roku three is 4K, even though it looks great on the LG TV

0 Kudos