Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Ukor

Old Roku Model - What do you do with them?

Jump to solution

Hi.  I have a Roku that was purchased in 2009 that has been attached to an old TV and neither has been used in years.  I don't know if you can upgrade the model or if you just toss into recycling/garbage.

I also could not find an email address just to send the question - ridiculous they don't have an email address to ask ask questions.  I work in IT and we have help desks that answer client questions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Old Roku Model - What do you do with them?

Jump to solution

@Joe_Ukor

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku model device do you have? Please be aware that for some older devices, we no longer offer Support. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku does not offer any sort or trade-in program. Unwanted devices can be given to someone else, or if it's defective just send it to an electronics recycler in your area. Before doing either, you want to make sure your personal information has been removed. If it's functional, use the Settings/System menu and find the Factory reset function. If the device isn't working, I would still attempt the alternate reset method, which is locating the recessed button on the back of the device and hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds while the Roku is powered up. You should also go into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and unlink the device from your account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Joe_Ukor

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku model device do you have? Please be aware that for some older devices, we no longer offer Support. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reb2u
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had 3 Roku 3900Xs and all we're working fine. Xfinity did and update and suddenly the one closest to my Wi-Fi was showing a poor signal. The shows kept freezing up and would just disconnect. I had Xfinity check my modem and and they are okay, and the other Rokus were working fine. I tried everything I could and could not get a better signal on the one Roku. I bought a new Roku Express 4K+ and I'm getting an excellent signal. Did the other Roku just go out or was there something else I should have tried to make it work?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@reb2u 

With Xfinity, many of the disconnections are attributeable to their router firmware updates.  See if changing the wireless mode to b/g/n under the 2.4ghz settings resolves your issue.

The 3900x uses only the 2.4ghz band, while your new Express 4k+ (3941) can now use either your 2.4ghz or 5ghz band.  The 5ghz bands are essentially unaffected by the Xfinity update.

Xfinity has finally acknowledged these software (firmware) changes in a subtle way in their updated instructions on changing wireless mode and devices on which they can no longer be made.  For these devices, will have to contact Xfinity/Comcast directly and request they make the change for you. (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
ricko1966

Jump to solution

I absolutely agree it is ridiculous that roku doesn't have an email address 3roku devices 1 roku tv,they will never get any more of my money

0 Kudos
H2L

Jump to solution

Update: found my model in another post.

Hi RokuDanny-R,

I feel pretty silly, but I can't figure out how to send you a private message to verify whether our Roku is out of service. Would be grateful for your help!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@H2L wrote:

Hi RokuDanny-R,

I feel pretty silly, but I can't figure out how to send you a private message to verify whether our Roku is out of service. Would be grateful for your help!

Send a PM to Danny by clicking his name, then View profile. On his profile page, you'll see a button to send a private message. Works the same for all users. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
H2L

Jump to solution

Thank you! for whatever reason, that option wasn't there earlier, but it is now. I feel crazy! Thanks for taking time to help!

0 Kudos