Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a old ROKU2 with a 512G mSD card and I cannot get WayPoint TV to run. Is this model to old?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a old ROKU2 with a 512G mSD card and I cannot get WayPoint TV to run. Is this model to o

There are five different versions of a Roku 2. Three are no longer supported, and even the two that are supported are rapidly approaching their retirement as well. Some channel providers no longer support the older devices, even if Roku is still supporting them. 

Waypoint TV doesn't specify if they have unsupported older devices. Their content doesn't look like it would be difficult for the older devices, but without knowing their internal coding there's no way to tell. 

Sometimes the SD card becomes corrupted and that might be one reason you are having problems. You might try removing the card and seeing if that resolves the issue.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.