HpyGrl

New Roku Streambar Quits to Menu in All Apps and menu functions

NEW out of the box Roku Streambar plays channels/apps for about 5 seconds and quits back to the menu. I took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it for another new unit. Same exact problem. After you go through the setup of your Roku account, all apps and channels will play for about 5 seconds and quit back to the blue menu. Even scrolling thru menu options for about 5 to 10 seconds will quit back to the menu screen. I have now had 2 NEW Streambar units that both have the same behavior. I did a factory reset which forced the setup process again and the same behavior existed. No matter what function or app you go to, it will quit back to the menu in 5 to 10 seconds. I am so done with Roku!! How can two new units have the same problem. It is completely unusable. Can't get a single app to play more than 10 seconds. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku Streambar Quits to Menu in All Apps and menu functions

Hi @HpyGrl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with the problem of streaming channels on your Roku streambar. We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing. How are you powering your Roku streambar? How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection? How far is your device from your network router? Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content? With more details, we will be able to assist you further.

We'll wait for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.