thedexteradams
Channel Surfer

Connecting Roku Wireless Speakers Gets Stuck on Step 2 of 4

I have the TCL Series 4 in 55", 65" and 75" and I've tried now to connect my Roku wireless speakers to each of them. None of them connect. I'm on a Google Mesh Network. I've updates software on the TV, enable the device connect option, and even tried resetting the the TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting Roku Wireless Speakers Gets Stuck on Step 2 of 4

In the settings> remote & devices> pair new device> speaker

Do you above in your tv menu? And have you tried it?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
thedexteradams
Channel Surfer

Yes. When I go that route it goes from step 1 to step 2 and then stalls and shows the "try again" screen. I repeat with the same results, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
thedexteradams
Channel Surfer

I just ran another test and when it didn't work I ran a tracker on it and here's the tracker number: 86-012-560

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@thedexteradams 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rttomlinso21
Reel Rookie

#rokuspeakers#Was there any resolution to this? I’m running into the same issue. Sorry, new poster. Please point me in the right directIon if already answered somewhere. Thanks

0 Kudos
rttomlinso21
Reel Rookie

Resolved! 🙂 

I ran the whole gambit. Replaced batteries in the remotes, factory reset the tv (TCL 55” Roku), factory reset the speakers, then moved the speakers in front of the tv to make sure they would pair. When the tv came back on, all was forgiven and everything paired, no problem. Not ideal, but did the trick 🙂 Didn’t take more than 20-30 minutes including reloading all of my subscriptions.

thedexteradams
Channel Surfer

Hey! Sorry for the delay. My resolution was getting a new set mailed out to me from Roku. Definitely not the ideal solution but it seemed that my pair were defective.

rttomlinso21
Reel Rookie

No worries! Thanks for the reply! Have a great day!

0 Kudos
TamraG
Reel Rookie

How do you factory reset the TV? I've unplugged, tried settings.....getting frustrated. When I sent in a customer service request I told the what I had already done and the reply was to do what I had already done, argh.

0 Kudos