Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: iOS app and remote control volume

Jump to solution

Danny, I believe they are referring to having a volume control on the app that performs the same function as the volume control on the remote. I just tried the app on my Ultra 4800, and I could find no way to control the volume of my system using CEC as my Roku remote does. Perhaps you are referring to being able to adjust the volume using Private Listening via the app. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@atc98092 

Thanks for the clarification.

I was able to replicate the posts claim when I tried connecting the Roku mobile app to the Ultra 4800 and there doesn't appear to be a volume control.

I have passed along the concerns to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

All that is necessary is to click into the microphone icon just as you would if you were searching for a movie and clearly say turn volume up or down as needed. It works instantly.

DJTluvsputin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My phone app has volume controls for one tv but not another. Dont know why. I believe the are the same roku devices. The one that works is a newer tv. Only difference.

0 Kudos
Aliso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On I phone Tolu app remote control if you press on microphone button it allows you to command increase or lower the volume of your TV

for your info my I phone is 13 pro max and tv is Samsung

0 Kudos
TDevotie

Jump to solution

Our first Roku tvs we can control the volume from the app but we recently got the newest version 4k Roku stick and the mobile app remote for it doesn’t even have volume buttons. I find it odd that you can control the volume on some versions with the mobile app and some you can’t especially it being the older versions that you actually can it’s usually the opposite or at least that’s what I thought 

0 Kudos
Aliso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The only way way, I can is these steps:

first touch the microphone picture on the remote app 

second a screen opens with a circle and bile lice around it

third I give verbal command to either increase the volume or decrease the volume and the TV’s volume changes accordingly.

As I said my TV is Samsung phone is I phone 13 Pro max and RokuTV is generation before Roku

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Aliso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku 4 K

0 Kudos