Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRay4now
Reel Rookie

Is this device still good? roku XD

I have a Roku XD and XD/S are they still good ...if not does Roku offer upgrades? 

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Is this device still good? roku XD

@JRay4now 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku XD is an older model Roku device. If you are looking to upgrade your device, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Danny was being kind... Smiley Tongue That player is really old, as in almost ten years. It's no longer supported, and many channel providers are beginning to completely remote support. I have a 2XS, and other than testing something I haven't used it in years. It's far too slow, underpowered, and cannot run many of the newer channels, such as Disney+. They've served you well, but it's time to retire them.

Roku did have an upgrade offer late last year, but that has expired. But please send that PM to Danny and see if he can still get you something. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
double18

Hi Danny, no hijack, I have the same issue with XD. How does one PM you?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
JRay4now
Reel Rookie

Hey Danny sorry I got busy but I can not figure out how to DM you.  I am not tech savvy.  UGH!   LOL!   I will check my email or this board for more messages.  THANKS soooo much!

0 Kudos
atc98092

@JRay4now wrote:

Hey Danny sorry I got busy but I can not figure out how to DM you.  I am not tech savvy.  UGH!   LOL!   I will check my email or this board for more messages.  THANKS soooo much!

Click on the image next to Danny's name, then select Profile. Once his profile page opens, there's a button to send a private message to him. 🙂

Dan

0 Kudos

does this mean that my two Roku players can't be used?  I have an old TV--a panasonic picture tube type so thought they should work with an old set.  XD/S.  No?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@frustrated- wrote:

does this mean that my two Roku players can't be used?  I have an old TV--a panasonic picture tube type so thought they should work with an old set.  XD/S.  No?

The XD/XS players had composite outputs, which supports the old non-digital TVs. The only currently available player with composite outputs is the older Roku Express+ (3910). Nothing in the latest generation has such support.

Can you still use the older players like the XD/XS? Certainly. However, they are going to slowly stop working with the latest channels, in some cases that's already happened. 

Dan

0 Kudos

When I tried to install on older TV that had the same roku player installed earlier, it gave me an alert saying it didn't support it.  I'm not sure this is correct because they are both old and it used to be connected.  However, I don't know what to do or whether this means I can no longer use it.  Before throwing away 2 Roku players, I wanted to know if there were any installation tips or if Roku just stopped this services.  Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@frustrated- wrote:

When I tried to install on older TV that had the same Roku player installed earlier, it gave me an alert saying it didn't support it.  I'm not sure this is correct because they are both old and it used to be connected.  However, I don't know what to do or whether this means I can no longer use it.  Before throwing away 2 Roku players, I wanted to know if there were any installation tips or if Roku just stopped this services.  Many thanks for your help.

I'd have to know the exact model numbers of your Roku players and the TV you are trying to connect to know if there's an incompatibility. Roku has used the same model name on multiple players that don't have comparable connection support, so model number is critical for troubleshooting. 

Dan

0 Kudos