Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is the Roku XD Model 2050x - still a viable device?

I'm new to Roku, so be kind.

I'm trying to help a friend setup a Roku XD Model 2050x. Is this still a viable device? I've been looking for docs on updating the Account but am finding scant info. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is the Roku XD Model 2050x - still a viable device?

@NH_Hills 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku XD 2050 is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi,  I realize the XD can no longer get OS updates. But a related question: none of the new models have the audio plug by which I am able to drive the audio thru to my Onkyo amplifier and listen to surround sound.

If I buy the Premiere model now, can I achieve the same by plugging the supplied HDMI cable into the Onkyo HDMI input and use another cable from the HDMI "out" into the TV monitor?

Tnx.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@yo_sam 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Yes, you can connect a Roku device to an AVR and then connect the AVR to your TV.

For more information about how to set up a Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player for HDR?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Danny.

It's working the way I surmised. The problem is, with the separate audio plug in on the earlier model, I was able to pump the audio through my speaker system, bypassing the TV monitor altogether.  With your suggested config, I now have to keep the TV on. Kinda of a waste.

0 Kudos