Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paustinc
Reel Rookie

Re: Is the Roku XD Model 2050x - still a viable device?

Thank you, Mary.

My Roku XD Model 2050X isn't connecting to Amazon (or any other source).  This started perhaps two years ago, and when it started, we just gave up.  But now we'd like to solve the problem and get our Roku service working again.

We are the original owners of our Roku unit.  Serial number: JOA134002376.

What can we do?  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@paustinc

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku XD is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
paustinc
Reel Rookie

Thank you.  I look forward to more information.

0 Kudos
leasul

Hello, I am also trying to get my Roku XD Model 2050x working. It is set up but not getting audio. How do I get help with this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @leasul,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Is the issue you are experiencing only happen on a specific channel or does the loss of audio happen on all channels?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dd97

Hi, I’m having this exact issue trying to get my mother in laws old Roku online. 2050x software version 3.1 build 1198. Won’t let me update the OS and get on the Roku store. Would be glad to send my serial number or whatever else you need to see if we can dust this thing off.

serial number J0A15E004005 

thanks for checking!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Don't waste your time. It's way too slow, and most of the channels may not even work with it anymore. Just get a Roku Express 4K (do NOT get the regular Express!) Money well spent and it will work out-of-the-box.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.