Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotwebideas
Channel Surfer

Series Videos Are Freezing. What am I doing wrong?

I added a series with one season and 3 episodes to my app and everything passed on my feed status screen, but nothing is working when I play them on my Roku device.

Some details:
https://hotwebideas.net/roku/vh2/feed07232018a.json if anyone would like to make sure that I coded it correctly.[/color]
shows the Episodes link.[/font][/color]
3. When I select the Episodes link, it just shows a spinning thumbnail with the word Season 1, but nothing happens.
4. When I click on the Play S1 | E1 link, it just shows Retrieving with nothing happening.

All of the short form videos play fine. This was my first time coding a series and everything was ingested with no errors on the Feed Status page.
Can anyone tell from the feed what I am doing wrong?
WordPress Interface to Manage Roku Direct Publisher
TVChannelPress.com
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Series Videos Are Freezing. What am I doing wrong?

I compared your feed file to the one I posted and found only one difference. Mine specified a 'bitrate' value for the video while yours does not. The Json spec states that 'bitrate' is required although I found you can specify any non zero value and it will still work.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
hotwebideas
Channel Surfer

"Baradanikto" wrote:
I compared your feed file to the one I posted and found only one difference. Mine specified a 'bitrate' value for the video while yours does not. The Json spec states that 'bitrate' is required although I found you can specify any non zero value and it will still work.

Thanks Baradanikto,
I added the bit rate, but I have the same issues after adding it. My feed is at https://www.hotwebideas.net/roku/vh2/feed07252018.json if you'd like to take a quick look. The bitrate is specified in the "series" nodes at the top of the feed.
Thanks again for your help.
Bruce
WordPress Interface to Manage Roku Direct Publisher
TVChannelPress.com
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

I think your problem comes from vemeo. Did you tried to host your video's somewhere else (temporarily) to make sure it's working?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I read your feed file into the software I wrote and it did not detect any errors.  At this point, I would have to agree with mosafer that you should now look at Vimeo as a cause for your problem.  Maybe there's a problem with access permissions.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos