Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshots with Direct Publisher

How can you take screenshots of a Direct Publisher channel? With my SDKs I just loaded it locally and then used Utilities to do so.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Screenshots with Direct Publisher

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The auto-generate tool will take a screenshot of the channel for you.

Unfortunately, there is temporarily a bug with the tool that's causing screenshots to come out inaccurate, but it should be sorted out shortly
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Do you know if it will be able to take more than just one screenshot?
0 Kudos

"RokuTomC" wrote:
The auto-generate tool will take a screenshot of the channel for you.

Unfortunately, there is temporarily a bug with the tool that's causing screenshots to come out inaccurate, but it should be sorted out shortly

Any update on this yet? The auto-generate tool is still coming out inaccurate. 
Also, is there anyway other than the auto-generate tool to take screenshots? Thanks.
0 Kudos
jrichmond27
Channel Surfer

You have the option of auto-generate, or upload. Just click on "Add a screenshot" on your channel's Screenshots page to upload an image from your computer.
0 Kudos

"jrichmond27" wrote:
You have the option of auto-generate, or upload. Just click on "Add a screenshot" on your channel's Screenshots page to upload an image from your computer.

Yes, but the auto-generate doesn't work right. I know I can upload screenshots, but I don't know how to take a screenshot without using the auto-generate tool and since it's not an SDK channel anymore, I can't take a screenshot using the Utilities feature in the Development Application Installer.
0 Kudos
biztale
Streaming Star

Try camera phone and crop image with Paint.net
0 Kudos
islanddreamer
Channel Surfer

I use an Elgato game capture HD to loop the Roku's HDMI output through it to my PC. Then I can capture video of the channel in action as well as screen grabs for the store. The only downside is that HDCP blocks capturing video playback.
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The auto-generate screenshot tool now works
0 Kudos