Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
podworx
Streaming Star

Roku Search No Longer Displays Direct Publisher Content

Since early February, I've noticed none of the content in the Direct Publisher-based channels I've developed is showing up in Roku's top-level search.  For other Direct Publisher developers, I'd strongly suggest taking a look and see if your content is discoverable.  I've looked at a number of other DP-based channels that I've not developed; all their content was unsearchable as well.

This is a real issue.  I've been in contact with my "Partner Manager" since February.  For the first few months, it was, "We're working on it".  Now, I'm told something about "signals" but they aren't able to give me more information.

Interestingly, this goes directly against what Roku has published as a feature of using Direct Publisher:

Capture.JPG

• Discoverable In Roku Search - Channels built using Direct Publisher automatically included in Roku's universal platform search program.

Folks, if Roku users are unable to find your content, it will radically affect your ability to attract and retain new users.  I have attempted to escalate this issue to a number of people within Roku as best as I can.  So far, I've nothing good to report.

Please, if you find your DP-based channel is not able to find your content is Roku's search, tell somebody. This takes away from the value Roku delivers to their users and should be addressed.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Search No Longer Displays Direct Publisher Content

All of my contents are available in Roku's search. (Series)

0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

What is your channel's "add" url?  I'd like to see whatcha got!  And to confirm, you used Roku Direct Publisher to create the channel, right?

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

It is DP. Please check your messages

0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

Thanks.

You're right, your content is searchable.  I'm at a loss as to why this is happening to our channels.

0 Kudos