Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlaqCardProd
Reel Rookie

New to Roku! I have plublished my channel but it does not play the content? why

My content shows up on screen but my channel does not play the content?How do I fix this?

I have tried re-plublishing my channel several time. I can see on my device and TV but it does not allow the content to play! 

Please check Gospel Rollas TV 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: New to Roku! I have plublished my channel but it does not play the content? why

There are two things to check if your content shows on the device but does not play. 

Make sure the urls are correct in your feed file.

Make sure the video content is declared "public" on the server you are using.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
BlaqCardProd
Reel Rookie

Re: New to Roku! I have plublished my channel but it does not play the content? why

URL are passing the connected test on the published page. I did cancel and re-publish the page again and the viewer are everyone. I am streaming from Vimeo, if that help!

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

There have been lots of complaints about using Vimeo as a content host. I believe that includes what to use as a url when hosting on Vimeo.  I don't use Vimeo.

You'll need to scan this forum for other posts that address this issue. In particular, there are posts that indicate the correct Vimeo url to use when creating your feed file.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
sattun
Roku Guru

@BlaqCardProd 

Are you using showcase to create the JSON file? Can you share your feed or one video URL?

OTTfeed: Lease a custom Roku SDK for $99/month go to https://OTTfeed.com/lease
0 Kudos
BlaqCardProd
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much for your feedback! I think I have figure it out. If not I will let you know!

0 Kudos
lisaball
Channel Surfer

direct publishing or sdk?

0 Kudos
lisaball
Channel Surfer

did you figure it out? I have one channel with a feed from vimeo and it does not work at all. no content.

0 Kudos
sattun
Roku Guru

Hi @lisaball,

Are you using showcase JSON? was is ingested successfully?

OTTfeed: Lease a custom Roku SDK for $99/month go to https://OTTfeed.com/lease
0 Kudos

我也遇到了问题,可以谈下解决方法嘛

0 Kudos