Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Analytics for Series/Episodes

The majority of the analytics are great, however, the Video Performance analytics do not register any video that is a Series or an episode of a series. All movies and shorts have number of views displayed, but nothing for the series. The names of the series are listed, but always 0 (zero). The individual episode names do not appear in the analytics.  All series/episodes display and play well within the channel.

Anyone else experiencing this? Roku, is this an issue with the analytics or do I need to add something to my json file? Is there another way to get the number of views of episodes?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need Analytics for Series/Episodes

This might be a bug in the Direct Publisher tool and I'd like to investigate more closely. Could you please provide me with the name of your channel and the email associated with it? Feel free to private message me if you don't want to share publicly.
0 Kudos

Thank you. I sent you a private message.
0 Kudos

Any progress on this?

Also, Series do not appear in the "New Releases" category when I add a new series.
0 Kudos

Any progress on this? 

Does anyone have another way to track analytics for Direct Publisher content specifically for series episodes?
0 Kudos

Desperately seeking resolution. Any updates?

Is there any way to track number of plays for Series Episodes since the Direct Publisher Video Analytics has a bug in it and doesn't provide those analytics yet?
0 Kudos

If Direct Publisher can't supply that information at the moment, you might want to look at services such as Vimeo Pro which can supply you analytics on the back end.  You can make your videos unlisted so they can only be seen by Roku users.

This might not be the answer you were looking for but it is probably the only option you have while Roku works out their current issues.
0 Kudos

"mediadisconnect" wrote:
If Direct Publisher can't supply that information at the moment, you might want to look at services such as Vimeo Pro which can supply you analytics on the back end.  You can make your videos unlisted so they can only be seen by Roku users.

This might not be the answer you were looking for but it is probably the only option you have while Roku works out their current issues.

Thanks for the info on Vimeo Pro. I didn't know they kept analytics for videos played outside the Vimeo player.
I looked into using Vimeo Pro instead of my server before I launched my channels, but I just can't get a straight answer from Vimeo Pro on their potential bandwidth fees for videos that are played outside their player, i.e. Roku. I currently stream between 4 to 5 TB of data each month (increasing every month). The rep told me that there are fees but couldn't tell me how much. Do you have any idea what they charge if I stream 5TB of data each month on Roku?
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, I don't know.  
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

"attilascreative" wrote:
"mediadisconnect" wrote:

Thanks for the info on Vimeo Pro. I didn't know they kept analytics for videos played outside the Vimeo player.
I looked into using Vimeo Pro instead of my server before I launched my channels, but I just can't get a straight answer from Vimeo Pro on their potential bandwidth fees for videos that are played outside their player, i.e. Roku. I currently stream between 4 to 5 TB of data each month (increasing every month). The rep told me that there are fees but couldn't tell me how much. Do you have any idea what they charge if I stream 5TB of data each month on Roku?

There are no additional charges to my knowledge. You pay the flat fee of $199 and you can stream unlimited to your Roku Direct Publishing channel. I have been using one of my channels on Vimeo and have over 3,000 hours of video streaming and have had no additional cost.
0 Kudos