Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrewaeb
Visitor

NEED HELP PLEASE WITH MY DIRECT LINK

Hello guys, 
i'm so tired of trying to add my channel in Roku i do opened a tv news channel and got my studio and servers 
right now i use wowza stream engine and stream from my own servers right now i want to add my channel in roku but wowza doesn't support JSON so what should i do ? since i always fail it's been a week and don't know what to do, could you help me please ?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE WITH MY DIRECT LINK

If you can't use JSON, you should look at using an MRSS Feed file.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Andrewaeb
Visitor

Thank you very much, 
i looked at the MRSS feed option and planing to buy the software blew in your signature okurowingchannel is this going to help me creating it since i use wowza and all i got MPG Dash and hls link ?

Thank you sir for your help 
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I can't tell you if your current server framework will work. Before you decide on MRSS or JSON, you should understand the advantages/disadvantages of each one. You should read the Roku specs for each feed type to determine which one is appropriate for you. For example, if you plan to monetize your channel, you should use JSON. These are the types of questions you need to ask yourself.

If you are interested in my software, you should take a look at the demos and tutorial videos before deciding what product is best for you. Make sure you understand the requirements of each product.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos