Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

More like this

I just noticed that there is a new "More like this" option in Movies and Series. It was not there before and when I click on it it goes to an empty page. There is no way to come back, no left key and no return key. I have to hit the Home to exit the channel completely. I checked the documentation and it was nothing there, Obviously. I checked the Roku channel and it is there and working perfectly for them. (I always think the Roku channel is the ultimate version of DP channels). 

Do you guys know anything about it? 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: More like this

I can confirm I'm seeing the same thing.  And, once again, there's no documentation in the schema specifications, or, Partner Success as to how this works.  I hope this is a future feature Roku will announce soon.

I've asked Partner Succes for an explanation.  I'll report back.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@mosafer I received an initial reply from PS.  They seemed to not know about this "feature" and asked me to submit a photo of my channel.  I've submitted the info and await another reply.

It bothers me that one hand does not know what the other is doing.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@mosafer From Partner Success:

My apologies for misunderstanding! Thank you for clarifying and reporting the issue. 

The "More like this" feature was a bug and was not intended to Direct Publisher channels which is why we do not have any documentation on this feature. 
The feature should now be removed. Please let us know if you see any discrepancies with your channel. 

I got the above response after having to produce an image of a channel showing the "More like this" option.  I don't quite understand why we have to debug the Roku platform for them.

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Thanks for the update. I checked yesterday and looks like they turned off "The Bug" Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

"The Bug" == Roku Direct Publisher Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

The bug is here again. I noticed it on my channel tonight.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I've also noticed it on my channel.  I complained, once again, to Partner Success and they claim they fixed the issue again.  However, when I checked today, it was not fixed.  They've asked me to provide info on my Roku box.  They implied they think it's a problem with the box.

If anyone else is having this problem, please contact Partner Success.  There's more power in numbers.

Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I've been going back and forth with Roku Partner Success for about a week.  They once again pushed a fix for this problem.  The fix appears to resolve this problem.

I have two Roku boxes.  On one of them, the problem was resolved without doing anything.  On the other, I had to perform a system update followed by a system restart.

0 Kudos