Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raul-WA4TPR
Channel Surfer

Monetarize with ads inserted by Roku option not coming up

Jump to solution

While setting up my channel I select to monetarize, but it does not give me the option to select Roku to insert the ads, instead it's asking for an ad-server address, etc.  Am I missing out on something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Monetarize with ads inserted by Roku option not coming up

Jump to solution

Roku reversed course on that. Back around 2018 when they launched RAF the thought was to make it available for all channel. The (likely) problem was most advertisers & buyers weren't interested in people watching small, niche channels as opposed to (examples) CBSNews, Tubi, Roku Channel etc.  So after about a year they shut it down for small channels and said they'll select you if you're big enough.

If you're DP chances are you're too small, although I think 1 or 2 people posted that they were on RAF, I may be wrong on that, regardless I'm sure the viewers stats need to be quite high.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Monetarize with ads inserted by Roku option not coming up

Jump to solution

Roku reversed course on that. Back around 2018 when they launched RAF the thought was to make it available for all channel. The (likely) problem was most advertisers & buyers weren't interested in people watching small, niche channels as opposed to (examples) CBSNews, Tubi, Roku Channel etc.  So after about a year they shut it down for small channels and said they'll select you if you're big enough.

If you're DP chances are you're too small, although I think 1 or 2 people posted that they were on RAF, I may be wrong on that, regardless I'm sure the viewers stats need to be quite high.