Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hightechy
Visitor

JW Player - Direct Publisher

Hi
I have followed the documentation to the letter for direct publisher and get invalid feed when using jwplayer.
Is there an issue with the integration or do I need to add more custom fields or?
Been at this for days - trying wild guess options - nothing works.
Has anyone managed to get this to work?
Thanks
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
norcaljb
Channel Surfer

Re: JW Player - Direct Publisher

I can't say I have but I am about to embark on the same mission. I will follow this post and add to it if I find the answer. I am a developer by trade so hopefully I will be able to update here. Cheers.
0 Kudos
norcaljb
Channel Surfer

Ok so it looks like this is how the json file should be formated, but what I do not get is how are we to know the jw player is in fact being used...
The following example is for a mp4 link and a m3u8 stream. 

Keep in mind that that category and tag must be filled out in the Channel settings. Also, notice that the last video has no comma but all previous items must be separated with a comma. 

On a side note, I am curious as to why so many questions here go unanswered 😕 I offer a lot of help on stack exchange and even there the Roku questions go unanswered or met with a hint of hostility, really bizarre. 

Anyhow, I hope this helps.

{
  "providerName": "ParsTV",
  "language": "en-US",
  "lastUpdated": "2016-12-14T18:12:32.125Z",
  "shortFormVideos": [

{
  "id": "GEMRIVER",
  "title": "GEM RIVER",
  "shortDescription": "...",
  "thumbnail": "Image url here",
  "category": ["GEM TV"],
  "tags": ["GEM"],
  "releaseDate": "2016-06-11",
  "content": {
  "dateAdded": "2015-06-11T14:14:54.431Z",
  "captions": [],
  "duration": 15000000,
  "videos": [{
   "url": "video url here",
   "quality": "HD",
   "videoType": "mp4"}]
}},
{
  "id": "VOAPERSIA",
  "title": "VOA PERSIA",
  "shortDescription": "...",
  "thumbnail": "image url here",
  "category": ["World News"],
  "tags": ["World"],
  "releaseDate": "2011-09-24",
  "content": {
  "dateAdded": "2015-06-11T14:14:54.431Z",
  "captions": [],
  "duration": 15000000,
  "videos": [{
   "url": "Stream url here",
   "quality": "HD",
   "videoType": "HLS"}]
}}
]}
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Thanks alot for posting that. For someone who's a bit overwhelmed by this, but should be able to manage, do you recommend the JSON or RMSS feed?

I know general web coding up to JQuery so this is a bit tough for me. OTOH I'm just looking for the raw file to base it upon, and replace the links with my necessary ones. The https://api.myjson.com/bins/4tu28 data doesn't format when I try it in Eclipse. Could reinstall Dreamweaver CS5 to try it out, lost that when I moved to Windows 10.  Any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

FWIW looking to use Vimeo Pro as host. Not sure if it's supported with both.

EDIT - I think Im getting the hang of it.
0 Kudos