Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotwebideas
Channel Surfer

How to add videos to feed after channel gets published and approved.

I just had my first Direct Publisher channel get approved and they sent me an email telling me that my channel is published, but now, I cannot add any videos by refreshing the feed. I was able to add videos and refresh the feed before the channel was published. Does anyone know how to solve this? I have more videos to add.
WordPress Interface to Manage Roku Direct Publisher
TVChannelPress.com
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to add videos to feed after channel gets published and approved.

I don't think you can manually refresh once you are published. In my experience so far, I found that once my channel was published, the feed URL status is automatically checked 3 times a day by Direct Publisher. In my case at 4:49am; 4:49pm and then 10:49pm.  So when I update or add videos to my Feed file on my server, they show up after the next automatic status check. 

As part of my workflow, I created a duplicate BETA channel that I do not publish publicly so I can test my JSON file edits and see how my changes appear before I save it to my published channel.
0 Kudos
hotwebideas
Channel Surfer

Re: How to add videos to feed after channel gets published and approved.

attilascreative, Thank you for your reply. I see now that it refreshes.

One other question if you know this one. I am creating another channel for a client and I have 6 MP4 files hosted, but my JSON feed returns "4 items have error: Required video url is unreachable."

It changes between different numbers randomly and do not know why this happens, so one minute, it is 3 items, another 5 items, etc. 
WordPress Interface to Manage Roku Direct Publisher
TVChannelPress.com
0 Kudos