Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adolhov
Reel Rookie

Is there way to create category of categories via Roku Direct Publisher JSON ?

Jump to solution

Lets say i want to have category with playlist of tags, so that when i choose tag it redirects me to playlist of movies/series matching this tag.

as i can see in API docs that is not possible(i can only add tag as a main category), mb there is some other way to do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Is there way to create category of categories via Roku Direct Publisher JSON ?

Jump to solution

The only "nested" structure in the JSON schema is the concept of a Series with Seasons/Episodes.  If the JSON Schema document does not support it, it's not possible.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Is there way to create category of categories via Roku Direct Publisher JSON ?

Jump to solution

I'm a bit confused about what you're asking.  DP does support playlists (of content IDs).  Can you provide an example of what you're trying to accomplish?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
adolhov
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
{
"providerName":"Foobar",
"lastUpdated":"2022-11-02T16:22:17.245Z",
"language":"en",
"categories":[
{"name":"All Topics","playlistName":"all_topics","order":"manual"},
{"name":"Topic 1","playlistName":"topic_1","order":"manual"},
{"name":"Topic 2","playlistName":"topic_2","order":"manual"},
{"name":"Topic 3","playlistName":"topic_3","order":"manual"},
],
"playlists": [
{ "name": "all_topics", "itemIds": [ "topic_1", "topic_2", "topic_3" ] }],
{ "name": "topic_1", "itemIds": [ "topic_1_series_id", "topic_1_movie_id", ... ] }],
{ "name": "topic_2", "itemIds": [ "topic_2_series_id", "topic_2_movie_id", ... ] }],
{ "name": "topic_3", "itemIds": [ "topic_3_series_id", "topic_3_movie_id", ... ] }],
],

i am trying to achieve something similar to example above, when playlist "all_topics" contains other playlists as items/piece of content

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The only "nested" structure in the JSON schema is the concept of a Series with Seasons/Episodes.  If the JSON Schema document does not support it, it's not possible.

Zave
Binge Watcher

Re: How do I edit the Roku Sample JSON Feed and save it for my channel?

Jump to solution

I've tried several time but get errors when I try saving the Json Feed file created from the sample.  

0 Kudos