Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missrunt
Channel Surfer

Is A Caricature Of The Channel Host Acceptable?

Finalizing the channel store art and splash screen for our first channel.  Will a cartoon style caricature of the channel's host be allowed as an element for the store icon and or splash screen?

Thanks for your input!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Is A Caricature Of The Channel Host Acceptable?

I don't see why not. As long as the dimensions are a fit (SD/HD & not just a transaparent bckgd image of the character).  Are you asking from a marketing/allowed stance?  I've never heard much otherwise, so long as they aren't distasteful. You may want to have the channel name in writing however, I'm not sure if that's required you'd need to read thru the tutorial & instructions if it's mandatory, but I would think it would be a helpful thing to do. Unless you're intentionally not doing that, again read the documentation and at worst, submit it if it works otherwise and see if it gets approved.
0 Kudos
missrunt
Channel Surfer

Re: Is A Caricature Of The Channel Host Acceptable?

"37mediagroup" wrote:
I don't see why not. As long as the dimensions are a fit (SD/HD & not just a transaparent bckgd image of the character).  Are you asking from a marketing/allowed stance?  I've never heard much otherwise, so long as they aren't distasteful. You may want to have the channel name in writing however, I'm not sure if that's required you'd need to read thru the tutorial & instructions if it's mandatory, but I would think it would be a helpful thing to do. Unless you're intentionally not doing that, again read the documentation and at worst, submit it if it works otherwise and see if it gets approved.

Appreciate the input.  I know they do not allow photos or portraits of people on the store icon.  I've seen many silhouettes, just wondering if a caricature would pass.  The channel name will definitely be the most prominent aspect.   
0 Kudos