Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgrweb
Visitor

Google DFP

Hi all - I am integrating some preroll into our direct publisher feed, and I'm only seeing one of our ads show up every 6 videos or so.  Is there any way to adjust that frequency?  I'm also seeing some Roku-filled ads, which doesn't make sense because our ad server will always return something.

Thanks for any assistance.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Google DFP

I don't think you can mandate the frequency or volume, as it's likely just due to unsold inventory. Even network TV & cable has it on occasion, they just fill it with 'free' or 'added value' spots, or PSA's. But I think it just means the ad buyers are only willing to pay a limited amount per day, and the ad servers spread it out to not go over.

As for the Roku ads, I'll check this weekend but I thought I saw something in T&C somewhere saying something about if you use your own ad server you authorize Roku to fill 20% of inventory or something. Don't quote me on that, but I thought I read that somewhere.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Google DFP

Section 5.5 of the Commercial Terms Exhibit to the Application Distribution Agreement[/url:4ksvod4w] talks about that:

5.5.1.    Except as described in Sections 5.5.2 and 5.5.4, you may represent 100% of the Advertising Inventory in your Application and retain all revenue from your sales of that Advertising Inventory.
5.5.2.    Roku, in its sole discretion, may elect to represent up to 30% of the Advertising Inventory in your Application.  To the extent that Roku represents your Advertising Inventory, Roku will retain all revenue from its sale of that Advertising Inventory. Roku will notify you of its election at least 30 days before it intends to represent any Advertising Inventory.
5.5.3.    If you sell your share of the Advertising Inventory to one or more third party advertisers and/or advertising sales organizations, Roku will have the right to bid on that Advertising Inventory on a like, non-discriminatory basis, under substantially the same or more favorable terms for inventory access, reservation rights and pricing, as all other third party advertisers and advertising sales organizations.  You will not enter terms with a third party advertiser or advertising sales organization that would prevent fulfillment of this Section 5.5.3.
5.5.4.    Roku at its sole discretion may represent your share of Advertising Inventory that is Unfilled Inventory.  Roku will pay you 60% of the Net Advertising Revenues from that Unfilled Inventory.  Roku will remit these payments to you no later than 60 days after the end of the quarter in which the revenues were received by Roku. 
0 Kudos